Written by ayesha
Chanay ka Pulao | Chana Pulao Recipe Pakistani | How to make Chanay ka Pulao
Chanay ka pulao recipe Pakistani, delicious chanay ka pulao recipe.Best chana pulao recipe!
- 500 g Basmati Rice ,soaked
- 2 Tomatoes,chopped
- 1 Onion,thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Salt or as per taste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Sabut Garam Masala
- 2 cups Chanay(Boiled Chickpeas)
- 2 tbsp Salt for the rice(to be added to the water)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1⁄2 cup Oil for cooking
- 3 , 1⁄4 cups Water
- In a wok heat the oil.
- Once hot add in the onions.
- Fry onions until golden brown.
- Next add in the ginger garlic paste. Mix well. Saute for 2-3 mins.
- Next add in the sabut garam masala and saute for another 3-4 mins.
- Add in the remaining spices.Mix well.
- Fry for 4-5 mins.
- Now add in the tomatoes.Allow to cook for another 7-8 mins.
- Cover and cook for another 4-5 mins until tomatoes are softened.
- Now add in the chanay (boiled chickpeas).
- Cook for another 5 mins.
- Add in around 1⁄4 cup water.
- Cover and cook for another 3-4 mins.
- Uncover now pour in 3 cups water.
- Increase heat allow the water to come to a boil. Add in 2 tbsp salt.
- Once bubbling add in the soaked rice.
- Mix well.Cook for 8-10 mins.
- Once water has evaporated well and only a slight remains add in the garam masala powder.Mix well.
- Now cover and allow to cook on high flame for 3-4 mins.
- After 3-4 mins reduce flame to low..
- Cook on damm for another 5-10 mins.
- Delicious Chanay ka Pulao is ready!
- Serve with mint raita and salad.